Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Kassem and David's Cable-Stop Portfolio

This the portfolio of a school Go-Kart project.  David and myself modified the throttle in Mr.G's shop class.  Please take a few minutes to read through...  we worked very hard to share our project ideas.


This is my drawing of the Go Kart. And what David and I call " Maria ".  This blog post will show how David and I designed the throttle linkage in Mr. Grosinger's class.





Above is the cover.  As I said, we are working on a Go-Kart.  David and I had the challenge of designing and building the throttle linkage.  The throttle the same as a "gas" pedal in a car.  


The three photos above are of the table of contents, the intro and a key terms" list.


Photo above: the cable needed a pully to turn a corner.


The "Cable Stop" made from a drilled bolt.  This is innovation that gave my teacher, Mr.G, a heart attack.  After seeing this idea, he said "its all down hill from here, I should retire".  The way G teaches the class is that he gives you a limit and its up to you to fiuger it out everything in between...  I love that.  As it alows for free creative ideas.


This shows how the cable stop works!!!   My drawing of the cable stop shows the system layout.  


This is how our cable connects to the carburetor throttle.



 This is an exploded view of the throttle system in the go kart


In here we show you the comparison of the Kart before and after.


 In the photo above, we explaine about the changes made in the Go-kart


 We had to make a bumper for the go kart.  Remember safty first!  Plus I think it looks better.


 These tools are our best friends during the process of repairing the go kart.


and this is a drawing of our best friends !


This last photo is of my teacher Mr.Grosinger and I.  We had a great time learning throught design.  Currently I am seeking a career in Engineering.  If you have an opening or would just like to talk about more at this project, please conact me.  Phone: +1(201)328-2912  Email: kemma11@hotmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment